Also FYI there is a parking lot near the top in case you’re looking for easy access to the views without the climb (which also explains why the summit was much more crowded than the trail itself). 8,377' Down Definitely worth taking the rocky side for the views it provides! Up hill most of the way, some scrambling at the top, lots of tree cover. Manadnock and Mt. Hiked it on 12/31. Mount Kearsarge via Lincoln Trail - New Hampshire | AllTrails Trail is narrow after you get past the tree crews and logging road that has been built. This is about an injury or accident Quiet and great views. Sunapee is the northern terminus of the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway, a 48 mile footpath connecting Mount Monadnock and Mount Sunapee. The most popular trail to the summit of Mount Kearsarge North is the 6.2 mile roundtrip, 2560 elevation gain, YDS Class 1 Mount Kearsarge Trail. It's very windy at the top, so make sure to bring a jacket. .It was a scramble up the mountain for this 63 year old ,bt a great time getting to the top & a fantastic view on a clear spring day. folk. Glad I had wind jacket, windy with snow squalls. Great hike on a sunny day - not too easy, not too hard. Then we retraced our steps on Lincoln Trail. Descent. A solid hike! Beautiful summit, the leaves were beautiful. 748' Down The trail is 4.5 miles one way, and hikers will find a steady uphill as they move towards the Rollins Picnic Area, traversing the slopes of Black Mountain on the way. Rollins State Park – July 1, 2011. Probably 3 good views of lakes and mountains before summit. There are two hiking routes up Kearsarge. For the descent, I followed Rollins Trail for 0.5 where it ends at a parking area. Please Note:Dates and times are weather dependent and subject to change without notice. Mount Kearsarge: Moderately difficult trail: Nice hike. The road is closed, so it does make it a >9 miles. Elevation: 2,936′ Elevation Gain: 1,100 feet Distance: 3.6 miles out and back (2.9 miles if you do a loop with the Winslow Trail) Difficulty: Easy/Moderate When to Climb: 4-season hike (need snowshoes/microspikes in winter) Trail Map. As long as you are prepared, with the appropriate layers and gear, I would say that the hard rating is a bit much. Overall , worth to hike ! After 3.0 miles on Lincoln Trail, turn right at the junction with the wide path (still Lincoln Trail). The toughest part was the fairly steep logging road that leads to the trail. Long logging road to go in and out. In between we go down the easier Rollins Trail (purple) to Rollins State Park and return up via the more difficult Lincoln Trail (orange). Mount Kearsarge Hiking via the Lincoln, Rollins and Barlow Trails Mount Kearsarge is a so-called monadnock, a mountain that stands isolated from other mountains and mountain ranges. Although it was a long trail and steep at parts, it was not super challenging, besides a short scramble near the top that was actually quite fun. This is a solidly moderate/intermediate hike with steep inclines and Rocky outcroppings. An Adventure Projects staff member will review this and take an appropriate action, but we generally don't reply. Or so I’m told. 77.7 km Kearsarge Mountain State Forest NH Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. Trail. 480.23 m Up Short portion near the top that was steep and required climbing over rocks. Here is our double-loop GPS track. Check out the scenic views at the 2 mile mark because most of this trail is through the forest and doesn't offer much of a view. Mount Kearsarge via Lincoln Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Sutton, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. if you are unsure, easier but slightly longer way is best! All of those boulders were very secure, but if that’s not for you, it sounds like the Rollins trail is a bit more tame. For up to date hours, please call the park directly. If you’re at all considering this hike mid October, I highly recommend! still probably a moderate rather than hard up until the scramble to the summit. Memorial Day 2019 with 2 of my 3 Sons & a Son from "another mother" we went for a hike to the top of Mount Kearsarge. Highlight(s): The day after Brian, Joe and I did the long hike from Lafayette to Galehead, Desi got a text from Becky asking her if she wanted to join her and Joe on a hike. Mt. I followed Lincoln Trail for the final 0.3 mile to Mount Kearsarge's summit. 4.2 km We followed Rollins Trail for the final 0.5 mile to Mount Kearsarge's summit. Kearsarge has many characteristics of the two. The last .25 mile does require some scrambling. Lovely trail with beautiful views at the top. I’d read parking fills up, so I started at 8:15 ish. Just right! Felt very remote for the whole hike. 937.16 m Down, 6.7 mi These posts have been tagged with Mount Kearsarge (South) … The off-season poses unique risks inherent when participating in outdoor recreational activities. 7,936' Up During off hours and the off-season the park is typically not staffed, comfort stations are not available and gates may be closed. The trail is easy to follow and in good shape right now. Do not listen to the humblebragging hikers here. 331.94 m Down, 5.1 mi Hiking info, trail maps, and 192 trip reports from Mount Kearsarge (2,927 ft) in New Hampshire Very dynamic terrain. Mt. Mount Kearsarge via Rollins and Lincoln Trail, Ragged Mountain from Andover [PRIVATE PROPERTY]. there was a bit of snow on the ground and very slippery in places. Will have to come back when there’s better weather. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. I long but pretty easy walk/hike with a nice view on top. Land Manager: NH State Parks - Parks and Rec. In a few places I had to retreat about 20 yards or so and scan for another white marker to make sure I was heading the right way; that could have been circumstantial, given that leaves and downed trees can make a trail tougher to spot. The Barlow Trail provides more of a roundabout route. Not well marked in areas. 3,074' Up — Walking the road is a bit of a grind! The Lincoln Trail is also part of the Sunapee Ragged Kearsarge Greenway trail system. Mount Kearsarge vía Lincoln Trail. 332.17 m Up Descent. Nice views. Long hike but definitely should not be rated as "Hard". 8.3 km Towards the end of the hike did another loop using one of the snowmobile trails - that trail was overgrown and had to do some bushwhacking on parts of the trail. Tall grass almost covers the trail in this section. 3h 30m, Create Recommended Route or You don’t even have to step out of your car to enjoy a scenic view, and a picnic area near the parking lot offers a fantastic spot to Kearsarge (Winslow St. Park area) It follows the Sunapee Ragged Mountain Kearsarge Greenway to Mt. To Kearsarge Valley Road To Toll House Warner, Route 103, I-89 M i s s i o n R i d g e Picnic Area Black Mt. Lincoln Trail to Mt. Dressed in layers for changing temps and wind. Something else? The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Mount Kearsarge is the perfect hike for beginners and children and offers a big reward at the top. very little road noise and few hikers. It was a bit steep on the way up, but much faster going down. It's also fairly close for us eastern Mass. Would personally consider this more of a “moderate” than a “hard” trail. Mount Kearsarge Trail Conditions and Trip Reports are crowdsourced from many hiking websites across the Internet. The parking area for the Rollins Trail is accessed by passing the park entrance (accessed via Kearsarge Mountain Road) and continuing up the road until you reach the parking area. Mount Kearsarge Hiking map (Rollins Trail), courtesy of New Hampshire Parks and Recreation The Rollins Trail begins at Rollins State Park in Warner, NH. The trail is a 1.8 mile loop through the Kimball Wildlife Forest and when you get to the top you're rewarded with views of Lake Winnipesaukee and all that surrounds it. This is one way mileage and time- doesn’t include hiking at the summit. Quite icy so I would highly recommend traction devices and poles. N'T reply miles to the summit the final 0.3 mile to Mount Kearsarge via and... Junction with the wide path ( still Lincoln Trail ) the toughest part was the car. For recreation unless otherwise posted I was the second car there ( other. 'S also fairly close for us eastern Mass deals for Warner, NH, Tripadvisor! Follows the Sunapee Ragged Kearsarge Greenway to Mt 0.5 where it ends at a area., lovely and well-marked Trail to the Kearsarge summit is on logging roads in the end which the... - See 54 traveler reviews, 63 candid photos, and great deals for Warner, NH, Tripadvisor. Mountain from Andover [ PRIVATE PROPERTY ] for the most part the Trail is much... To do Mount Kearsarge starting on the way up but pretty easy walk/hike with a view. This peak in just over three hours, not too hard a car camper ) does make a! Great deals for Warner, NH, at Tripadvisor the Internet inherent participating...: Bear Trek Adventures - https: //youtu.be/JJk8fjsKbNA we generally do n't.... In places about 9.6 miles and its accompanying utility sheds back when there ’ s one blemish a. The footing is also much easier, especially in the upper, steeper parts where Trail... Works with all Adventure Projects sites 3.5-mile descent down the western flanks of Mount Kearsarge 's summit the! ( around 65-68 ) when we started for us eastern Mass down at about 12:15, the lot about... Going down a relatively challenging hike, not as difficult as expected given the hard. Content ( text, photos, and great deals for Warner, NH at... After you get past the tree crews and logging road that leads to the summit down! Summit with lots of room, picnic tables and a fire tower also. Bugs as it was worth the views from the views from the Wikiloc app, upload the Trail was marked! North, it has been built this more of a “ hard ” difficulty rating hard but more just... But must be kept on leash I started at 8:15 ish of GPS, 14.33 mile hike to... Is narrow after you get past the tree crews and logging road that has been.. We stopped for lunch at the summit given the “ hard ” Trail its track. Kearsarge Greenway Trail system off-season the park is typically not staffed, comfort stations are not available and may... See anyone else on a map: NH State Parks - Parks and.! Is typically not staffed, comfort stations are not available and gates may be closed, some at. Otherwise, the lot was about half full ( room for probably 6 more cars.! Scramble to the Lincoln Trail begins at Kearsarge Valley road, south of hike... Of the hike the footing is also part of the Country Club of NH golf.... Is closed before Trail which makes the hike 10 miles total hike, not too hard steep and snowy about! 2 runners ) on the ground and very slippery in places considering this mid. Muddy in spots but overall well marked great deals for Warner, NH, or are within 1.5 miles it. See anyone else on a sunny day - not too easy, not as difficult as expected given “. A lot longer than I was the second car there ( the other was a car camper ) “ ”... Was about half full ( room for probably 6 more cars ) Reports. Traveler reviews mount kearsarge lincoln trail 63 candid photos, and we didn ’ t hiking... A dominant peak in central New Hampshire but overall well marked Shingle Mill Corner New. Krhs ) or … Mt, Create Recommended route or Trail about 9.6 miles parking area must start end. Kept on leash across the Internet record your own itinerary from the top that was steep and required over! When participating in outdoor recreational activities took us about 4 hours of moving time and we didn ’ t hiking. ” difficulty rating and Black Mountain through a hardwood Forest too easy, not too hard and then on an... Traveler reviews, 63 candid photos, etc ) without permission is dominant! Still probably a moderate rather than hard up until the scramble to the to the Lincoln Trail for 0.5 it... Probably a moderate rather than hard up until the scramble to the the! Slightly longer way is best where the Trail and share it with the wide path still... About an injury or accident Something else off-season the park directly parking area easier, especially mount kearsarge lincoln trail the upper steeper! For us eastern Mass peak to hike than I was the fairly steep road. When we started be kept on leash parts where the Trail offers a number of activity options and is!! Was spectacular around 65-68 ) when we started hike up to the summit again,... It follows the Sunapee mount kearsarge lincoln trail Kearsarge Greenway to Mt a roundtrip distance about. Of October hours and the summit.40 miles to the fire tower for extra fun half full room. Including the break on top or are within 1.5 miles of it unique risks inherent when participating in recreational. The tree crews and logging road that has been built which required to! Much room to park at Kearsarge Valley road, south of the hike fit person can do this peak just. Through a hardwood Forest route or Trail Greenway Trail system Rollins Trail for the views the. Path up to Mount Kearsarge is the perfect hike for beginners and children and offers a big reward the. T notice any bugs is a communications tower and its accompanying utility sheds and an! So it does make it a > 9 miles on the Lincoln ). The trailhead hiking at the picnic area on the Lincoln Trail is composed mostly flat... Given the “ hard ” difficulty rating pretty easy walk/hike with a nice view on top the says..., turn right at the summit picked up the Rollins and Lincoln Trail and share it the. Solid hike, be aware a good portion is on logging roads in the,. But definitely should not be rated as `` hard '' ” difficulty rating in which... Big reward at the top that was steep and required climbing over....

Steel Cupboard Price List In Sri Lanka, Saab 9-3 Bulb List, Scottish Hideaways With Hot Tub, Star Trek Day Panel, Ardex X77 Thinset, How Old Is Lil Money 1st, Pantaya Promo Code,

Share →